Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck
If an excess of abdominal fat is worrying you and multiple options are leaving you perplexed? What should you choose Abdominoplasty/ tummy tuck or liposuction? Do you know Liposuction cannot help you get rid of excess skin or tighten loose abdominal muscles? The women mostly face these problems like excess skin, body stretch marks, and loose abdominal muscles post-pregnancy and, for this Abdominoplasty is a better option. Liposuction, on the other hand, can be done to focus on other areas and helps you to get a flexible body sculpting tool. When you visit Dr. Evdokimow with the confusion, knowing your skin type is very important to decide which procedure would work best for you.
If you want to reflect your diet and daily exercise routine in a healthy way; when the deposited fat isn’t responding to your efforts, that time, liposuction should be your one-stop solution to get the slimmer, smoother contouring body that you aspire. If you want to get rid of accumulated fat on your back, thighs, hips, abdomen, upper arms, buttocks, neck or chest, then this is the time to contact Dr. David Evdokimow for liposuction.
In America, obesity is one of the major health problems, so a treatment like liposuction has gained significant fame. This has even given rise to a misconception that liposuction is a blessing for obese people. But the reality is that this treatment is basically designed for people who are in good shape but want to remove excess fat from some portions of their body. New Jersey liposuction patients are encouraged to take a well-balanced diet, do regular exercise and bear a healthy lifestyle prior to going through liposuction surgical procedure.
In the USA, Liposuction is very popular and considered as one of the common cosmetic surgery procedures. But many unqualified surgeons are also performing it. Latest advancements and the trend have minimized this problem to a certain extent. Believe us; Liposuction is a surgery that is done at risk and various complications if performed by inexperienced professionals.
It is the prime responsibility of the Patient to check qualification of a surgeon. Some warning signs indicate a practitioner may or may not be good for you like if he or she performs surgery out of a medical spa, he or she does not have hospital facilities. If he or she is avoiding your questions seeking his training, he or she can’t tell the advantages and disadvantages of treatments, and if he or she is not certified by the ABPS, American Board of Plastic Surgery. Always look for doctors who own lasers-based and many other fancy types of equipment. Make sure he or she has done appropriate training and had experience.
Dr.Edvokimow expertise in several methods of liposuction. He uses his skills and implements the right method on the right people and at the right time in order to achieve the right goals.
- SUCTION-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION (lipoplasty) – In this Liposuction technique, a small tube called metallic cannula is connected to a device that generates suction. This treatment passes through two different stages. In the first stage, patients’ area that needs to be treated is infused with a sterile tumescent solution of epinephrine and a local anesthetic and then in the next stage fat is removed. This technique is not advised for fibrous areas like flanks.
- POWER-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION (PAL) – In this method, the metallic cannula is connected to the forward and the backward movement of a device. This method of liposuction follows the same traditional principle of liposuction. This is again a suction-based liposuction, so passes through two-stage where the first one involves aspiration when the affected area is infused with sterile tumescent fluid. This method is very popular in New Jersey and has been used for people who want to get rid of larger areas of fat. This method assures positive results provided an experienced surgeon does it.
- ULTRASOUND-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION (UAL) –As the name suggests, this method uses ultrasound energy in order to liquefy the fat cells. This Ultrasound-assisted liposuction passes through 3-stages in New Jersey. In the first stage, the affected area is infused with sterile tumescent fluid. Then ultrasound waves are passed to liquefy the fat cells. The last but not the least step is the liquefied fat is aspirated through the metallic cannula. This process generates heat, so skin tightening is assured. The Risks associated with blood loss and nerve damage are reduced. This method can deliver impressive results provided experienced hands, does it.
- PULSED ULTRASOUND-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION – In this method, pulsating ultrasound energy is used. This method uses less energy, so less heat is generated. The Less complicated method with assured results.
- LASER-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION (such as Smartlipo™) – In this method, laser energy is used to liquefy the fat cells. This method also assures skin is tightening and improves cellulite, but most of the unqualified surgeons do it. More chances of a serious problem like higher risks to thermal injuries are any unqualified physician is doing it.
- COMBINATION PROCEDURES – The combination of Ultrasound-assisted and Power-assisted Liposuction can bring impressive results if done by the experienced hands. Another combination of UAL and laser-assisted liposuction is also considered good for skin tightening. We already said that Liposuction can be combined with many other surgeries like Abdominoplasty, breast enhancement, breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast lift, and plastic surgery on the face.
In rare cases, minor touch up is required after liposuction. Patients who face weight fluctuations look for such a kinds of touch up. Dr. Evdokimow takes care of such patients and save them from further surgeries by non-surgical techniques in order to give the desired results. Dr. Evdokimow is a known VASERshape and VASERsmooth NJ service provider. VASERsmooth is one of the leading treatments for removing cellulite in New Jersey.
If you age over 50 or have any medical problems as well, then you may be asked to consult with a general practitioner. In the case large volume of fat is removed, the general practitioner is consulted. Liposuction is not advised for pregnant women, unhealthy people, obese person, people with heart or lung disease, people who face difficulties in wound healing, a large amount of scars, large scars in the treatment area, any other kind of disorders and unrealistic expectations of the patients.
To check our patients before and after surgery, you can visit our Galleries section and see the stunning results.
If you want to get more info about liposuction/tummy tuck or you want to schedule your appointment, please give us a call at our practice center at 908.221.1136. For a direct one-on-one consultation, please fill the form Request an Appointment and get a chance to interact with Dr.Edvokimow. Our liposuction patients hail from Farhills, Milburn, Madison, Chestertown, and Summit.